Follow Me on Twitter
Spoon and Chopsticks Facebook Page
Follow by email:


Ajwain, also known as carom seeds, is a great home remedy for common cold and cough. Ajwain drink is very easy to prepare with only a few ingredients. My husband had cough a month ago and this drink cured his cough within a day. I don't recommend drinking it more than twice a day as this drink generates a lot of heat.

Ajwain/Carom Seed Drink

Ingredients:
  • 1 and 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
  • Small piece of ginger
  • A pinch of salt
  • A pinch of turmeric powder
Preparation:
  • Boil water on high heat. Add carom seeds, ginger, salt and turmeric powder.
  • Continue boiling until the water level reduces to half.
  • Pour it in a cup and drink while it's hot.


7 comments:

    cooking varieties (wan maznah) said...
    hi spoon and chopsticks, many thanks for sharing this great tips on cough cure. Will intro this to my friends too. Thanks also for your visit.
    I would like to give you an award, very soon. Hope you want to receive it, have a nice day
  1. ... on July 9, 2011 at 11:16 PM  
  2. Hari Chandana P said...
    Very helpful post.. thanks for sharing dear !!
  3. ... on July 10, 2011 at 11:02 PM  
  4. Xinmei @ Pudding Pie Lane said...
    Hm, I've tried sweet ginger tea when I'm ill, I will try this next time :)
  5. ... on July 11, 2011 at 3:50 AM  
  6. briarrose said...
    Excellent remedy to have on hand.
  7. ... on July 11, 2011 at 10:17 PM  
  8. Nithya said...
    Guess I am here on the right time :) This recipe is going to help me a lot now since I am suffering from cold. Should be a lot comforting for me. Thanks for sharing.

    Nithya
    www.4thsensecooking.com
  9. ... on July 12, 2011 at 10:45 PM  
  10. Elisabeth said...
    I would be able to make this "cure all" drink, with all the ingredients found, except the carom seeds. I will have to google it to find where I could order it from.
    Great tip for other cures as well. Love natural cures especially for common colds!
    Thanks for sharing:DDD
  11. ... on July 14, 2011 at 11:34 PM  
  12. Magic of Spice said...
    What an interesting combination...I have not heard of this before. I will have to look for the ajwain and stock some :)
  13. ... on July 15, 2011 at 7:08 AM  
All recipes are on Petitchef

Like My Blog? Follow Me

Like Me on Facebook

Grab My Badge

Spoon and Chopsticks

Copy and paste the text below on your blog's sidebar widget.