Follow Me on Twitter
Spoon and Chopsticks Facebook Page
Follow by email:


We were in Singapore about a couple of weeks ago. We stayed there for 3 days. The hawker centres there were great. The food were much cheaper compared to Australia. They had a huge variety of food to choose from. I liked the way they sell the soft drinks. When you buy a can of coke, you get a cup of ice for free.

Every meal cost around S$3 - S$6 in hawker centres. The quantity of food was pretty good for the money and the taste was awesome. Below are pictures of some of the food we tried.

Do you have your own hawker food experience to share?

Braised
Braised Duck

Chicken Biryani
Chicken Biryani

Spicy Calamari
Spicy Calamari

Chicken Tika with Naan bread
Chicken Tika with Naan bread

Claypot Noodles
Claypot Noodles

Coconut Drink
Coconut Drink

Fried Fish
Delicious Fried Fish

Fried noodles with chicken
Fried Noodles with Chicken

Mutton Biryani
Mutton Biryani

Nasi Lemak
Nasi Lemak

Noodle soup
Combination Noodle Soup

Oyster Omlette
Oyster Omlette

Paratha
Freshly made Paratha

Pork with Vegetables and Rice
Pork with Vegetables and Rice


9 comments:

    purabi naha said...
    Hi, so glad to meet you! Your blog is lovely and I am following you now. Hope you'll have a look at my recipes too!
  1. ... on June 12, 2011 at 8:57 AM  
  2. Torviewtoronto said...
    love the fabulous food there is so many that I love delicious coconut water perfect for the season here
  3. ... on June 12, 2011 at 10:52 AM  
  4. Lisa H. said...
    Wonderful spread :)
  5. ... on June 12, 2011 at 11:02 PM  
  6. Veronica's Kitchen said...
    You must have a wonderful trip. The photos especially the oyster omelette and the nasi lemak make me want to go and find my spoon and chopsticks. :D
  7. ... on June 13, 2011 at 9:00 AM  
  8. daphne said...
    Ahhh.. u are speaking my language. I miss hawker food in Singapore. Especially oyster omelette, yong tou fu, and prata!!!!!
  9. ... on June 16, 2011 at 7:34 PM  
  10. Sarahworldcook@ Homestyle Cooking Around The World said...
    Oh my- wonderful!!! Wish I wasn't on the other side of the world. Wonderful pictoral tour- mouthwatering! Looks like it was a great trip.
  11. ... on June 17, 2011 at 7:25 AM  
  12. Xinmei @ Pudding Pie Lane said...
    I saw some hawker centres when I went to Malaysia last year, what I love most is the steamed buns they sell for almost nothing!
  13. ... on June 17, 2011 at 10:37 PM  
  14. Jure said...
    Really lovely blog.
  15. ... on July 23, 2011 at 5:11 AM  
  16. Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) said...
    Hi! So glad to know that you love the foods in Singapore! I'm a Singaporean staying here all my life. Singapore is a food paradise with lots and lots of yummy food from different cuisines. We're famous for our Hainanese Chicken Rice (often consider as the 'National dish'), Fried Kway Teow, Fried Carrot Cake, Fishball/Minced Meat noodles (dry/soup) Curry Laksa noodles, Chilli Crabs and many many more dishes! ;D
    All the foods above that you tried are really very delicious! ;)
  17. ... on October 4, 2011 at 6:28 AM  
All recipes are on Petitchef

Like My Blog? Follow Me

Like Me on Facebook

Grab My Badge

Spoon and Chopsticks

Copy and paste the text below on your blog's sidebar widget.