Follow Me on Twitter
Spoon and Chopsticks Facebook Page
Follow by email:


This is one of my favourite dishes. I often like to eat various flavours of Laksa. Few days ago I attempted my own fish ball and beef Laksa. I thought it would be complicated but I found it quite simple and easy to make. Please tell me what you think about this recipe and share your views.



Severs 2

Ingredients:
  • 200ml lite coconut cream
  • 800ml chicken stock
  • 1/2 jar Laksa paste
  • 250g fish balls


  • 200g beef
  • 1/2 onion
  • 3-4 cloves garlic
  • Small piece of ginger
  • 1 red chilli (optional)
  • 1 tablespoon dried shrimp
  • 2 tablespoon oil
  • 100g rice vermicelli noodle
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1 small lime juice
  • Few pieces of deep fried tofu
  • Few bean sprouts
  • Finely chopped spring onion
Preparation:
  • Boil the beef until cooked. Slice it into small pieces and set it aside.
  • Put rice vermicelli noodles in boiling water and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the water and set it aside.
  • Cut onion, garlic, ginger, red chilli and put them in a blender. Add shrimp and 1/2 cup water and blend it well to form a paste.
  • Heat the oil in a pot. Pour the blended paste and cook it for about 5 minutes.
  • Add Laksa paste and further cook for few minutes.
  • Add coconut milk and chicken stock and bring it to boil.
  • Add salt and sugar.
  • Drop fish balls, beef and tofu into the pot, Simmer for 5 minutes.
  • Add the lime juice and stir it well. The laksa soup is ready.
  • Put the noodle in the serving bowl and add pour the laksa soup on top.
  • Garnish laksa with few bean sprouts and spring onion.


4 comments:

    Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...
    This bowl of laksa makes me drooling..simply look delicious.
  1. ... on June 23, 2010 at 6:11 PM  
  2. mysimplefood said...
    I made laksa today too :)
  3. ... on June 24, 2010 at 5:02 AM  
  4. Lilian said...
    Yummy! You Laksa makes my mouth waters and think back to all the Laksa I used to eat when I was in Malaysia.

    http://www.lilian-eblog.com
  5. ... on June 24, 2010 at 8:39 AM  
  6. Karen Thornton said...
    Gorgeous. Makes me think of the perfect laksa we had in Sydney. Can't wait to make this.
  7. ... on June 24, 2010 at 10:09 AM  
All recipes are on Petitchef

Like My Blog? Follow Me

Like Me on Facebook

Grab My Badge

Spoon and Chopsticks

Copy and paste the text below on your blog's sidebar widget.